Please visit our Forms and Waivers page to view a sample of the certificate of liability insurance that is required to participate.
1. Rifle and handgun for every participant
2. Ballistic vest with FRONT plate (level 3 hard plate or higher)
3. 500 Rifle Rounds, 500 handgun rounds, 150 frangible handgun rounds
4. 4 rifle mags, 4 handgun mags PER PARTICIPANT
5. Drop holster OR duty holster
6. Ballistic helmet
7. Eye protection
8. Ear protection
9. BDU style/ Tactical Uniform (top and bottom)
10. Gas Mask WITH filter (training)
11. 1 Pair handcuffs, 1 key PER PARTICIPANT
12. Tactical footwear for every event EXCEPT PT, where sneakers ALLOWED
13. 1 Flash Bang/Diversionary device PER TEAM
14. 1 Sniper rifle per team with 50 rounds
15. Tactical gloves (may be some rope work)
16. Knee pads/elbow pads recommended
18. Medical Kit
19. Radios and commo equipment for EACH PARTICIPANT (extra batteries)
20. Hydration system
21. Tactical/Riggers belt (highly recommended)
22. Weapons cleaning kit
23. Notebook and writing instrument
24. ONE knife/Leatherman per team
25. POP UP TENT LABELED WITH YOUR TEAM NAME, CHAIR FOR EACH PARTICIPANT
26. TEAM GUIDE-ON WITH TEAM NAME
27. 35 POUND KETTLEBELL
28. CAN DO ATTITUDE, SENSE OF HUMOR AND TEAM SPIRIT!!!!! If you don’t bring these you might as well go home
We are thrilled to announce that the 2013 Connecticut SWAT Challenge will have LT. Mark Donald, US Navy SEAL (Ret) as our special Instructor/Keynote Speaker for the entire CSC. LT. Donald is the author of Battle Ready, and brings a wealth of real world experience in the realm of combat operations.
He is a Navy Cross recipient, Silver Star recipient, Bronze Star Recipient with a “V” for combat distinction, and a bevy of other military awards, medals, ribbons and insignias.
This is an incredible honor to have LT. Donald attend and if the CSC wasn’t already a must see event, it sure is now.
Click here to read a brief bio of LT. Mark Donald.
Click here to read more on our guest speakers (PDF).
TCCC Details: The Tactical Combat Casualty Care class will be sponsored by Hartford Hospital and Z-Medica and we are thrilled to announce it will be taught by an active US Navy SEAL, Christopher Thompson. Chris is a PA and Operational Navy SEAL with multiple deployments and an incredible amount of practical experience and he will bring unparalleled skill in teaching this class. Chris will be assisted by Dr. Rich Kamin, an ER Doctor who is at the forefront of TCCC in the Police Community.
This class will be MONDAY AUG 19th from 0700-1800 hours, details to follow once you have enrolled. It is for L/E, Military/DOC ONLY. No exceptions. The cost of the class is $100.
Click here to view the course flyer with more information (PDF).
TOP COP, TOP SNIPER AND TCCC REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
To all interested competitors: registration has opened for the 2013 TOP COP, TOP SNIPER, AND TACTICAL COMBAT CASUALTY CARE courses. FOR ANY OF THESE THREE, YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER!
TCCC Details: The Tactical Combat Casualty Care class will be sponsored by Hartford Hospital and Z-Medica and we are thrilled to announce it will be taught by an Active US Navy SEAL, Christopher Thompson. Chris is a PA and Operational Navy SEAL with multiple deployments and an incredible amount of practical experience and he will bring unparalleled skill in teaching this class. He will be assisted by Dr. Rich Kamin, an ER Doctor who is at the forefront of TCCC in the Police Community. This class will be MONDAY AUG 19th from 0700-1800 hours, details to follow once you have enrolled. It is for L/E, Military/DOC ONLY. No exceptions. The cost of the class is $100.
Click here for registration.
TOP SNIPER and TOP COP: These two event are Pre-register only. A maximum of 40 competitors in each field only. These events will be Tuesday Aug 20th. Top Sniper will cost $40 and Top Cop will cost $40 as well. These two comps will be new and unique and will have an incredible prize package as always. More details will follow.
To all potential competitors, sponsors and vendors, supporters and attendees the CSC is just over two months away. The dates are Tuesday, August 20th-Thursday, August 22nd so plan accordingly.
If you are a SWAT Team or Sponsor/Vendor and are interested in competing/attending, email firstname.lastname@example.org asap.
We will have TCCC, Top Cop, Open Rifle and Open Handgun shoots this year and as always, the public can come watch for free.
TCCC, TOP COP and TOP SNIPER REGISTRATION will be available July 1st, 2013.
YOU ASKED FOR IT… YOU BEGGED FOR IT… YOU WANTED IT… SO WE ARE GOING TO GIVE IT TO YOU…
THE 2013 CT SWAT CHALLENGE – AUGUST 20th, 21st, 22nd
The competing teams from 2012 have first right of refusal and an automatic spot this year. We already have a whole bunch of new (in state/out of state) teams that want to attend so they will get the slots based on the following criteria and dates:
- ASAP-Email/Call to confirm attendance
- April 1st-Formal written correspondence that your TEAM WILL ATTEND
- April 2nd-Any open slots will be filled by standby teams
- June 1st-Payment in full ($350 per team)
Once I fill the roster, I will follow up with detailed emails on the event. Here are the basics:
- Each Team- 8-10 Operators
- MUST ATTEND ALL THREE DAYS
- MUST, MUST, MUST HAVE CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE (ALSO BE ON DUTY) AND MUST ADD METACON GUN CLUB AND CSP AS TEMPORARY ADDITIONAL INSURED TO INDEMNIFY THEM IF YOU HURT YOURSELF)
- Handgun, rifle, sniper events
- Every team member does PT event
- Payment in full by June 1st
I hope to hear from you soon.
Lt. Jeremy Clark
West Hartford Police Dept. SWAT
Connecticut SWAT Challenge Director
The schedule for the 2013 CT SWAT Challenge will be available July 1st.
Click here for results.
It’s official, the 2012 Connecticut SWAT Challenge winner is the Connecticut State Police West Team. This marks the 4th new winner in the past four years which is a testament to how competitive this training comp has become.
The CSP wrestled the title from their own East team and the 2011 Champs, the Massachusetts State Police, who finished second and third respectively. Coming in at fourth place was Union County NJ and in fifth place was former champ and hometown favorite, North Central EST. This year was our best year yet and we owe an incredible debt of gratitude to our sponsors and vendors who continue to provide the most selfless and unreal donations of any event in the country.
We were thrilled to see our brothers from the north, the Quebec Nuclear SWAT Team put on a great display of talent and heart as they became our first international entry into the CSC.
Congrats to all the great teams and individuals who reminded all of us that we are an elite group who are bound together by an invisible tie that is stronger than steel. Stay tuned to this site as full individual and team results will be posted tomorrow.